Moments I’m proud of today…
1. Free activity: trip to the library and we picked some fun books to share!
2. Free potluck contribution: we have a “first Friday” dinner with the family each month and my husband asked if we could bring something. Not having in my cupboard what I’d like to have brought I volunteered for dessert and checked recipes on Pinterest – peanut butter brownies from scratch! Find the recipe here. I love when I have all the ingredients on hand.
3. I so badly wanted to buy stamps (because I can’t put my fingers on my book of stamps) and I have a pen pal to write too…! But I resisted and I’m going to find the book I know I have at the house.
Things I didn’t spend money on today…
1. coffee – made my lattes at home today (yes that is plural) This has become more of a habit since I was gifted an espresso maker from a generous neighbor through our local Buy Nothing group last year. But I’ll admit it’s still tough to resist a strong cup o’ Jo from you know where.
2. packaging materials – I had a blog giveaway and I thanks to a random selector that chose someone (yay for Jaime) who was local I didn’t need to buy or pay for shipping the giveaway items. And for two other packages I reused envelopes I had.
3. no random trips to the grocery or big box store nearby!
Things I did spend on today…
1. postage (I dubbed this okay as the commitment was made before I knew about the challenge) and I’m blessing others…. ???? Maybe I shouldn’t have but I feel okay about it.
2. Gas (which is on our ok list) however we did commit to fewer frivolous trips and doing things close buy when we can.