In honor of this wonderful honeymoon phase… 🙂 We are now a family of five!
Sharing the recipe today on the blog because it truly is my boys’ favorite. We just greeted our third boy Corban Hawk and are having some slow mornings at home. Well I guess “slow” might be relative. But for us mornings often include some kind of pancake, waffle, or baked good. 🙂 So today I’m sharing a recipe that is all my mom’s doing. Her and my dad unearthed this fabulous recipe on their own honeymoon in 1983 at a quaint bed-and-breakfast in Texas. It is a “go to” breakfast for us and I just had to share.
Honeymoon Hotcakes – for a full post complete with a video go here.
- Mix wet ingredients: 2 ½ C. Milk½ C. Oil2 Eggs
- Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl: 1 ½ C. Flour1 T. Sugar½ T. Salt1 Heaping T. Baking Powder
- Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Whisk well after each addition to prevent lumps.
- Heat griddle on Med. Heat (or little higher)
- Oil the pan well
- Spoon on batter, when they bubble well, they are ready to turn over.