A few things that have taken place in the last 24 hours…
1. Carved out some time – still not completely white space – to read my devotion. Might call it gray space. A step in the right direction.
2. Did “the big things” in the morning (like my main chores and pulling out stuff for dinner before I headed to work.)
3. Put stuff in the car to get rid of and dropped it off at a local charity on my way to work.
4. Last night I laid on the floor with my hubby and son for a short bit and played. Precious white space.
5. Made a commitment to list at least one thing a day in my Buy Nothing Community.
6. Realized I need to add a goal to my list about my cell phone, but still figuring out what that goal is.
7. Turned on music instead of the television. It felt good.
Just thinking about the idea of “creating white space” is making me more intentional. Thankfully this month is a slower one for us. October was filled with fun Fall activities. November is much quieter for us.
I referenced the calendar meeting my hubby and I had on October 30 in my first Creating White Space post. This meeting was to look at and schedule our month. This was really fruitful. We chose things that were free or budget friendly and shared our hopes and goals for the month. This helped us eliminate miscommunication and any assumptions
we I make about Ben’s involvement in our schedule. This was a great step in creating white space. Our command center is hugely helpful too because now, instead of relying solely on our digital calendars in our phones we have a month view calendar that helps us see how “busy” we are or are becoming. We are both working hard to utilize this more and to be intentional with our time.
A wee update: noticed the hubby check the command center today and ask me about my plans for the day! Another step in the right direction for us both. For him the checking and for me the accountability.