My husband recently took a business trip to Vancouver, Canada to be a part of the TED conference. Such an incredible opportunity, so incredible that I couldn’t even protest – despite the fact that our new addition was only 11 days old when he left. 🙂
That being said I think it was harder thinking about him not being there then it may have been in reality. So preparing this wee “grab bag” for him helped me know he’d have some treats and thoughts from me while he was gone.
The tag read “Your Grab Bag” “Pick one a day so you won’t want to stay away!”
Each day he could reach in and pull out a treat and then clipped to the front he had a note for each day he was gone. Some had Scripture or quotes to encourage, others were silly, some more serious. Mostly I wanted him to have something tangible to remind him of me (and his boys) while he was gone.
1. You are our Sugar Daddy.
2. It’s a bird… It’s a plane… No! It’s our SUPER BEN!
3. Cashel sends you a JUICY kiss. (These were Crystal Light packs)
4. Peep… Peep… You’re my Peep. Love your Peeps.
5. I’ll swap SPITS wit you any day.
5. Your’e so EXTRA special you make our STAR(S)BURST.
6. Thank you for bringing home our BREAD & BUTTER.
7. You’re in the BIG LEAGUES now!
8. You’re worth more then 100 GRAND … well maybe. 😉
9. We love you both NOW & LATER and always.
10. Sending you love and KISSES!
Some of the notes were things like “You’re a great kisser” with lipstick kisses from me, you’re my soul mate (with a footprint from our 11 day old boy), an acrostic poem of his name, several that included Scripture or quotes, and a few that were just little love notes.
Watching him head out with his “grab bag” in tow did my heart some good.
In terms of putting this together I just hit up our local dollar store for the tote bag and candy bars, it was easy to find inspiration along the candy aisle! I just used scrapbook paper and ribbon to make the tags and note cards I already had. The whole sweet gift cost less then $10 and was priceless!
Facebook Comments Box