Here’s to fall…
That delicious pumpkin bread recipe I promised you…
A parent brough me a mini loaf at school and by 3pm it was gone lickety split.
I do suggest sticking with the specified loaf pan as I used a larger size and due to the moisture the middle section was hard to cook completely.
Here's to Fall Pumpkin Bread
Original Recipe Yield 3 medium loaves
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups solid pack pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups white sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 eggs
- Grease and flour three 7 x 3 inch pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). I used 3 mini loaf pans and 1 pan of 12 muffins.
- Measure flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices into a large bowl. Stir to blend. Add pumpkin, water, salad oil, eggs, and nuts. Beat until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- (Optional) mix chocolate chips into batter or top batter with them once in pans as a topping.
- Bake for approximately 45 hour. (But keep a close eye, I almost always need to take the muffins out a bit sooner.)
This so moist and DELICIOUS. Makes a large batch so halving the recipe, giving some away, or planning to freeze it is your best bet.
Facebook Comments Box
I'm trying this today!