It doesn’t look like much, but it’s totally delicious! My friend’s Louisa and Jenn gave this “recipe” to me when I was doing my 31 days of Feeding My Family in October of 2019 and it has quickly become a family favorite. I honestly didn’t believe it could be as delicious as it is simply because it seemed too easy. I dare you to try it.
Here’s what I do:
1. Slice one or two kielbasa sausages, I highly suggest the ones made by Hillshire Farms, but you could probably use any sausage. Just make sure they are precooked.
2. Half some small (or chunk up large full size) potatoes. Just about enough for one and a half helpings per person because you will want more than you think you do.
3. Add a diced onion, diced bell pepper which I think is optional, or baby carrots. You really could use any root veggies you might have on hand.
4. Pour about 1 cup of cream over the meat and veggies in a 13×9 pan.
5. Bake it 350° for approximately 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are cooked through. I like to turn the boiler on to brown up the edges before I take it out.
Adaptation for Instant Pot: I put the chicken and veggies, not a red pepper as it permeates the other vegetables too much, into the Instant Pot with 1 cup of broth. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Then I strain the meat and veggies and put them in a 13 x 9 pan, add the red pepper now if you want to, with 1 cup of cream and broil. The results are very similar it just makes the cook time a bit shorter this way.
I truly did not believe this could be so delicious, I’m certain it’s the seasonings that are in the kielbasa that make it so delicious. Louisa and Jenn thanks for sharing the recipe with me! Our family loves it and I think of you every time I make it.