I’ve had several requests for ideas for rainy day activities for kiddos. We live in a very rainy place – like rainy October-April – which is MOST of the year. 🙂
So… I will be doing a series of rainy day activities and this first post is courtesy of Jayelyn, a new friend of mine. She made colored rice and put it in her kiddo’s water table. What a great multi use of a fun toy that can seemingly be for only the warm dry months.
Here are her tips and a few pictures to help inspire you.
- You’ll need vinegar, food coloring, and rice.
- Rule of thumb is 1 tablespoon of vinegar per cup of rice and however much food coloring you need for the shade you desire.
- Jayelyn made 12 cups of colored rice.
- She made them in zip lock bags, poured the vinegar and coloring in, added the three cups of rice. Then zipped closed, she then “swooshed” to get the colored vinegar everywhere.
- Once color was evenly dispersed she brought the wax paper and place it on top of some trays to let it dry. It took about an hour.
Seems fairly simple and by the looks of these pictures it was a BIG hit. Do you have a favorite rainy day activity? Let me know and I’d love to share it here on Inspiration Clothesline in hopes of inspiring other cooped up Momma’s and their little ones to make the most of a rainy day.
I love how vibrant the colors are!
Looks so great in the water table. I wonder what other creative ways there are to contain the rice if you don’t have one of these? Any ideas?
How fun is this?!
Facebook Comments Box